Wednesday, December 14, 2005

When it is snowing, you wish there was rain

I was brought up amidst heavy rains, literally!
Hey I would rather not go into the details of that statement, but unlike most of the fellow Keralites, I never liked the rain as a kid. I looked at rain as a big nuiscence, causic menatl havocs. And slowly, very slowly, days passed by and years passed by and I became an adolescent.Adolescent may not be a proper term. I had a feeling those days, that I am already an adult. And I demanded, from everyone I interact with, a similar consideration. In retrospect, I feel this wasn't a good thing to have happened. However, I developed a liking for the monsoons during those days. And it still hovers around. I still love rains. But now, sitting 6000 miles away from equator, rain is a distant possibility. Or, at least, so it looks. It only snows here. It snows and covers your home with a while layer of beautiful insulator and you no longer gets sunlight on your roof. You are colder and you ask your room heater to give you more heat. You are locked inside your room and you are afraid to go out. It is snowing out there. Phew much of water, just wasted as plain snow...Couldn't it just pour down as a heavy rain? It would have been warmer and I wouldn't have missed my monsoon...But again, I get to see the snowing which I had hitherto seen only in stories and songs...In my mother tounge, there are lot of film songs picturizing snowing...Now I am seeing it in front of my eyes! These poets, they sure have some imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home